MARS Cheer - General Information
This is a fun, recreational league with no formal tryouts or requirements!
MARS Cheer is open to all 2nd through 7th graders in Adams & Middlesex Townships, or Mars & Valencia Boroughs.
The Cheer Squads are divided into:
- Rockets - 2nd & 3rd grade
- Astros - 4th & 5th grade
- Martians - 6th & 7th grade
- The number of cheer squads per level follows the number of football teams. Age groups may be split into multiple teams as necessary.
- Availability is based upon previous participation and first come, first serve - so signup early!
- Squad size may vary based on participation rates, but general size is between 35-40 participants.
When & Where
- Team practices begin in late July.
- Before the school year begins, practices are Monday through Thursday, 6-8pm.
- Once school is in session, most teams practice 1-2 days per week.
- Practices are limited to not more than 6 hours per week, 2 hours per day.
- Days and times are at the discretion of the coaches.
- Practice location could include Mars Borough (Marburger) Field,
- Middlesex Park, or Adams Township Park.
- As we get closer to practice, a detailed schedule will be provided.
- Games are scheduled on Saturday or Sunday and typically run 2 1/2 hours long.
- Game times starts can range from 9am - 8pm.
- Regular season games start mid-August and run through mid-October.
- Three week playoff schedule with the Super Bowl in late October!
- The MARS home games are played at either the Mars Athletic
- Complex (MAC) or the Mars Borough (Marburger) Field.
Away games are at the home team's local field.